Professional Barista Qualification
This is a three day course, suited to advanced baristas who are looking to further their careers as head baristas, managers or cafe owners. Coffee Culture certificate issued by email as PDF.
International SCA Certificate – Add On
The Barista Professional certification contributes 25 points towards the Coffee Diploma System. Certification issued by SCA upon successful completion of a written and a practical exam.
For Baristas with advanced skills and detailed knowledge of the science behind processes used, extraction and brewing etc. This is for someone working as a barista for 12 months or more, with some management responsibilities. SCA Barista Intermediate is a prerequisite for SCA certification for this course, and a minimum of three months must have passed before you are eligible to undertake Barista Professional.
- Understanding Coffee, Origin, Cultivation & Processing, Roasting, Blending, Cupping.
- Understanding your Equipment
- Workspace Management
- Grinding, Dosing & Tamping
- Extraction & Brewing, measuring TDS
- Milk Techniques
- Barista Menu
- Hygiene, Health & Safety
- Customer Service & Financial management
You will work on a range of professional, competition standard barista equipment
- La Marzocco Linea PB, 2 group
- La Marzocco Strada AV, 2 group
- La Marzocco Linea Mini, single group.
- Mythos One, high speed, high volume professional competition grinder
- Anfim Caimano, professional grinder
- Mazer Jolly, standard industry grinder
Some enthusiasm and a smile :).. that’s all you need. We provide everything else, coffee, milk and all the equipment.
Book Your Course