Barista Intermediate Course
International Certificate – part of the SCA CSP program
The Barista Intermediate Course contributes 10 points towards the SCA Coffee Skills Program. It is a two-day course, suited to industry baristas who are looking to expand and deepen their coffee knowledge and skills.
You will learn
- Coffee origins, varietals and processing
- Introduction to Cupping
- Extraction, Brew Ratios and Recipes
- Grinding – troubleshooting and grinder maintenance
- Milk Chemistry, Steaming and Latte Art
- The Menu
- Workspace – management & efficiency, customer service
- Health & Safety
There will be a practical and a written exam on the second afternoon.
- Breaks : Morning 10 mins
- Lunch 1 hour
SCA certification cost is €100 for SCA members, and €180 for non-members. SCA annual membership costs €80 and therefore pays for itself immediately. Membership also grants reduced certification at Professional level, and in all other SCA CSP modules at Intermediate and Professional levels. As an SCA member you are also a member of the Barista Guild of Europe and as such eligible to attend its events.
To join SCA click here
Barista Guild of Europe
You will work on a range of professional, competition standard barista equipment
- La Marzocco Linea PB, 2 group
- La Marzocco Strada AV, 2 group
- La Marzocco Linea Mini, single group.
- Mythos One, high speed, high volume professional competition grinder
- Anfim Caimano, professional grinder
- Mazer Jolly, standard industry grinder
Some enthusiasm and a smile :).. thats all you need. We provide everything else, coffee, milk and all the equipment.
See list below for optional extras including SCA certification, renting a refractometer, additional coffee.
Book Your Course