Barista Intermediate Course
This is a two day course, suited to industry baristas who are looking to expand and deepen their coffee knowledge and skills, and who may be moving towards managing the coffee offering across a team. Coffee Culture certificate issued by email as PDF.
International SCA Certificate – Add On
The Barista Intermediate certification contributes 10 points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma System. Certificate issued by SCA upon successful completion of a written and a practical exam.
- Coffee origins, varietals and processing
- Introduction to Cupping
- Extraction, Brew Ratios and Recipes
- Grinding – troubleshooting and grinder maintenance
- Milk Chemistry, Steaming and Latte Art
- The Menu
- Workspace – management & efficiency, customer service
- Health & Safety
There will be a practical and a written exam on the second afternoon.
- Breaks : Morning 10 mins
- Lunch 1 hour
SCA certification cost is €100 for SCA members, and €180 for non-members. SCA annual membership costs €80 and therefore pays for itself immediately. Membership also grants reduced-price certification at Professional level, and in all other SCA CSP modules at Intermediate and Professional levels. As an SCA member you also a member of the Barista Guild of Europe and as such eligible to attend its events.
To join SCA click here
Barista Guild of Europe
You will work on a range of professional, competition standard barista equipment
- La Marzocco Linea PB, 2 group
- La Marzocco Strada AV, 2 group
- La Marzocco Linea Mini, single group.
- Mythos One, high speed, high volume professional competition grinder
- Anfim Caimano, professional grinder
- Mazer Jolly, standard industry grinder
Some enthusiasm and a smile :).. thats all you need. We provide everything else, coffee, milk and all the equipment.
See list below for optional extras including SCA certification, renting a refractometer, additional coffee.
Book Your Course