Barista Foundation Course
This course creates competent and knowledgable baristas ready to work in a busy cafe environment
Barista Foundation is a one day course which is suitable for beginners and enthusiasts, and as a starting point, it is ideal for those who have no experience and are looking for work. It is the first step in understanding the job as a barista, and this course creates a platform of understanding of the basics from which a barista can progress in a career as a coffee professional. Coffee Culture certificate issued by email as PDF.
International SCA Certificate – Add On
SCA Barista Foundation certification is available as an add on to this course. Ideal for anyone who plans on travelling abroad, SCA certification is internationally recognised. Certification at this level contributes 5 points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma System. Certificate issued by SCA upon successful completion of a written and a practical exam.
This course will give you the skills you need as an entry level barista. You will learn:
- Coffee Species Arabica & Robusta, how to tell the difference
- How to deliver espresso to recipe, best-practice steps
- How to steam milk to temperature and texture
- Basic pouring technique, Heart
- How to adjust the grinder to maintain shot times
- The coffee menu
- How to set up, maintain and clean down your equipment
- 10 minutes Morning break
- 1 hour Lunch break
You will work on a range of professional, competition standard barista equipment
- La Marzocco Linea PB, 2 group
- La Marzocco Strada AV, 2 group
- La Marzocco Linea Mini, single group.
- Mythos One, high speed, high volume professional competition grinder
- Anfim Caimano, professional grinder
- Mazer Jolly, standard industry grinder
Some enthusiasm and a smile :).. thats all you need. We provide everything else, coffee, milk and all the equipment.
See list below for optional extras including SCA certification, renting a refractometer, additional coffee.
Book Your Course