National Diploma in Barista Skills
The National Diploma is a two-day course suited to professionals working in the industry or for people starting their barista career.
- Understanding coffee – origins, varieties, processing
- Espresso extraction and brewing
- Dosing, distributing and tamping
- Milk science, steaming and pouring latte art
- Coffee menu
- Equipment – cleaning and maintenance
- Workspace management
- Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Customer service
- Costing and stock management
- 10 minutes Morning break
- 1 hour Lunch break
You will work on a range of professional, competition standard barista equipment
- La Marzocco Linea PB, 2 group
- La Marzocco Strada AV, 2 group
- La Marzocco Linea Mini, single group.
- Mythos One, high speed, high volume professional competition grinder
- Anfim Caimano, professional grinder
- Mazer Jolly, standard industry grinder
Some enthusiasm and a smile :).. thats all you need. We provide everything else, coffee, milk and all the equipment.
See list below for optional extras including SCA certification, renting a refractometer, additional coffee.
Book Your Course