The Barista Foundation is the starting point for all beginner baristas. The Certificate is ideal for those who have no experience and for baristas looking to find work in a cafe. This course is the first step in understanding the job as a barista.
The Barista Foundation course takes 1 day. The morning session focused on making espresso and latte art. The afternoon session is focused on the coffee drinks menu. For a full breakdown of the day, see below.
- How to deliver espresso to recipe, best-practice steps
- How to steam milk to temperature and texture
- Basic pouring technique, Heart
- How to adjust the grinder to maintain shot times
- The coffee menu
- How to set up, maintain and clean down your equipment
- 10 minutes Morning break
- 1 hour Lunch break
You will work on a range of professional, competition standard barista equipment
- La Marzocco Linea PB, 2 group
- La Marzocco Strada AV, 2 group
- La Marzocco Linea Mini, single group.
- Mythos One, high speed, high volume professional competition grinder
- Anfim Caimano, professional grinder
- Mazer Jolly, standard industry grinder
Some enthusiasm and a smile :).. thats all you need. We provide everything else, coffee, milk and all the equipment.
Book your course