Barista Foundation Course
International Certificate – part of the SCA CDS program
The Barista Foundation course contributes 5 points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma System. It is a one day course, suited to beginner baristas and coffee enthusiasts for all ages. Previous machine experience is recommended, but not essential. The barista foundation course creates competent and knowledgeable baristas ready to work in a busy cafe environment.
This course will give you the skills you need as an entry level barista. You will learn:
- Coffee Species Arabica & Robusta, how to tell the difference
- How to deliver espresso to recipe, best-practice steps
- How to steam milk to temperature and texture
- Basic pouring technique, Heart
- How to adjust the grinder to maintain shot times
- The coffee menu
- How to set up, maintain and clean down your equipment
- 10 minutes Morning break
- 1 hour Lunch break
You will work on a range of professional, competition standard barista equipment
- La Marzocco Linea PB, 2 group
- La Marzocco Strada AV, 2 group
- La Marzocco Linea Mini, single group.
- Mythos One, high speed, high volume professional competition grinder
- Anfim Caimano, professional grinder
- Mazer Jolly, standard industry grinder
Some enthusiasm and a smile :).. thats all you need. We provide everything else, coffee, milk and all the equipment.
See list below for optional extras including SCA certification, renting a refractometer, additional coffee.
Book Your Course