Barista Foundation Course
Certified course – part of the SCA CDS program
The Barista Foundation course contributes 5 points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma System. It is a one day course, suited to beginner baristas and coffee enthusiasts for all ages. Previous machine experience is recommended, but not essential. The barista foundation course creates competent and knowledgeable baristas ready to work in a busy cafe environment.
- Coffee Origins
- Understanding Green Beans
- Roasting Techniques
- Sample Beans
- Bean Processing
- Extracting the ‘shot’ – the espresso
- Extraction weights and length
- Espresso Evaluation
- Espresso Taste : Acidity, mouthfeel, fullness, fruit, body, presentation, astringency, bitterness & length
- The Cafe drinks menu
- Introduction to texturing Milk
- Building drinks from flat whites to cappuccinos.
- How to pour latte heart
This barista foundation course and all SCA courses can only be delivered by an internationally qualified AST. [Authorised SCA Trainer]
You will work on a range of professional, competition standard barista equipment
- La Marzocco Linea PB, 2 group
- La Marzocco Strada AV, 2 group
- La Marzocco Linea Mini, single group.
- Mythos One, high speed, high volume professional competition grinder
- Anfim Caimano, professional grinder
- Mazer Jolly, standard industry grinder
Some enthusiasm and a smile :).. thats all you need. We provide everything else, coffee, milk and all the equipment.
See list below for optional extras including SCA certification, renting a refractometer, additional coffee.
Book Your Course